Presented by Portland General Electric | April 18th, 2015
Oregon's largest Earth Day event needs you!
Project applications are now being accepted for SOLVE IT on Saturday, April 18th
SOLVE is excited to announce that we are currently accepting applications from volunteer leaders to be part of Oregon’s largest volunteer Earth Day event, SOLVE IT presented by Portland General Electric. SOLVE IT events will take place across the state on Saturday, April 18th 2015 from 9am-1pm; teachers are encouraged to involve their students in service-learning activities any time between April 13th and April 24th. The deadline for applications is Monday, February 2nd.
SOLVE IT provides an opportunity for Oregonians to come together to take care of our parks, waterways and neighborhoods by picking up trash, pulling invasive plants, planting native trees and shrubs, and other watershed enhancement activities. This is your opportunity to join forces with other groups across the state and to apply for assistance to lead your local volunteer project as part of Earth Day. SOLVE provides project support through:
- Project planning assistance
- Volunteer Coordinator training
- Project Planning Reference Guide (step-by-step guide to coordinating a SOLVE project)
- Event flyers and pre-event publicity
- Assistance with volunteer recruitment and placement, including online registration, confirmation emails to all online registrants, and volunteer registration/waiver forms
- Free materials such as litter bags, vinyl gloves, safety vests, first aid kits, and sharps containers
- SOLVE also has a limited number of small grants of up to $100 for reimbursement of qualifying project expenses.
Statewide Program Manager
2014 SOLVE IT Final Report Now Available
Project Leader Resources